Hello Foodies! I am so excited to tell you about these awesome cupcakes! If you like apples and you like hard cider you will love these Angry Orchard Cupcakes!
My husband and I don’t drink often, but when we do our go-to drink (next to my Moscato) is an ice, cold hard cider. We’ve tried a handful of ciders and we’ve narrowed our favorites down to Strongbow and Angry Orchard.
I made these cupcakes a little over a year ago for my classmates. They were a hit. I actually adapted the recipe from the blog, Brown Sugar but I wanted to see if I could come up with a recipe of my own.
To get these deliciously moist cupcakes, I simply found a basic cake recipe, combined Angry Orchard Hard Cider (Crisp Apple), Green Apples, and a few spices to top off this apple perfection. I find the hard cider enhances flavor of the apples so it’s imperative you do not leave the cider out. If you don’t like the idea of adding alcohol to your cupcakes, no worries, the alcohol actually cooks out leaving behind its crisp flavor!
Here’s how I make them:
Angry Orchard Cupcakes
- 3 green apples, cored and peeled
- 2 Sticks of butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, room temp.
- 2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Angry Orchard Hard Cider, Crisp Apple+ 1/4 cup, set aside
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare cupcake pan by lining them with your choice of paper cupcake liners.
- Start by cutting your peeled apples into small dices. Add them to a bowl and pour in 1/4 Cup of the hard cider. Set aside until the end of the mixing process.
- In a stand mixer, beat together softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar; until light and fluffy. Scrap bowl down.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl. Working in thirds, add to butter mix. The mix may look separated but that’s ok.
- In a separate bowl mix in flour, baking powder, salt and spices until evenly distributed.
- With mixer on low, slowly add in dry ingredients. Careful not to over mix.
- When dry ingredients are incorporated, add vanilla; Add in the remaining Angry Orchard while still mixing.
- Remove mixing bowl from stand mixer. Fold in diced apples and the cider it has been marinating in.
- Using a portion (ice-cream) scoop, fill the cupcake liners up about almost to the top (this is an airy batter so it will not do a lot of rising)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Top with my Buttercream frosting and drizzle with my Fireball Caramel Sauce. Enjoy the awesomeness!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as I enjoyed creating it! If you like a super moist cake, these cupcakes are for you! I find that the more tart the apple, the better the bite!
Got a recipe you wanna share? Send them to me in the comments. I am always on the look out for new things to try.
Wanna be Blogger-Buddies? Contact me and let’s chat! 🙂
Don’t forget to Follow me!