Mmm… Chocolate! Who doesn’t love that wonderful confection!? Bittersweet, Milk, and even dark chocolate… I love them all! One of the best ways I take my chocolate is in brownie form! There’s nothing like pulling a hot pan of brownies out of your oven and dusting it with a thin layer of powdered sugar. I love scarfing down a (still warm) brownie and a tall glass of ice cold milk. It almost melts in your mouth as you savor that first bite!
I found this recipe a couple years ago when pilfering through my cookbooks. Since then, I always refer back to it and mix things up!
Here’s how I make them:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Add melted butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir together.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with a spoon after each addition.
- Add cocoa; beat until well blended.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt; beating well. Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Dust with powdered sugar, grab a bar and a tall glass of milk, and enjoy!
Did you like this recipe for my Chocolate brownies? Let me know your thoughts in the comments. After trying this recipe you will have no reason to use the old boxed brownies again.
Remember to Follow/ Subscribe, Like, and Share The Hungary Pollock!